Only one day to go…..
Preparations are in full swing for the 13th edition of La Nuit Blanche – The White Night!! This is one of the most revered events in the Parisian calendar and you can expect nothing but a fantastical experience come Saturday evening.
Last year 2 million visited the city to indulge, engage and absorb the artistic spread of home-grown and imported talent from across the globe.
Saturday 4th October is a special night – so if you have plans change them quickly because this will be a night you will not want to miss.
From dusk to dawn, from 7pm until 7am, from when the sun goes down until it rises high above the city – Paris will be in full creative swing and this town will be heaving with voyeurs and artists alike.
So here are the facts.
- La Nuit Blanche always happens on the first Saturday of October and was inspired by the events of the same name that began in St Petersburg, Russia over the summer months when the sun never sets!
- It is a FREE artistic carnival designed to ensure people become enriched by celebrating world-wide, world-class artistic talent.
- You can expect to see about 150 works of art installed along an art trail in the centre and on theRive Gauche – Left Bank of the city!
- Over 50 of the most talented artists of our time have been commissioned to create thought-provoking installations.
- There are six key locations from where you can really enjoy these artists’ point of view.
- Expect sculptures, painters, musicians, theatrics and everything in between.
- British Turner Prize Winner Anthony Gormley – who created The Angel of the North has created something special just for the event!
- Top American DJ Jeff Mills will host a public dance covering music across the decades.
- Death defying stunts by acrobats will be performed for your pleasure.
- The artistic director this year – José-Manuel Gonçalvès says you can “Expect the Unexpected”
To make the night work for you – you need to be organised. You need a map, a guide, good walking shoes and plenty of coffee – so you can stay up and party all ‘La Nuit Blanche‘ long!
You will find all the detailed information in this Media Press Kit we found which lists everything that is happening including addresses of all the key locations in English!!!
It is set to be a wondrous evening, there is even a special art trail for children starting in the 13th arrondissement ,if you are planning to take along the little people in your lives. There will be bars open all night too.
We cannot wait for La Nuit Blanche! Remember it’s for One Night Only!
Love Mama Loves Paris x